Bakersfield Murder Attorney
Information on Murder Charges
If you are under investigation or have been charged with murder, the stakes could not be higher. This very serious crime carries the heaviest punishments of our criminal justice system, including the death penalty for capital murder cases. Never answer any questions from investigators in a murder case without first ensuring you have the highest quality legal representation to protect your rights. If you have already been charged with murder, it is imperative that you reach out to our experienced murder attorney at Humphrey & Thompson before the case progresses further. The importance of hiring an aggressive and experienced criminal defense attorney cannot be overstated. Contact the Bakersfield criminal defense attorneys at our firm to discuss your case.
Types of Murder Charges & Their Penalties
Murder is classified in two degrees: first degree and second degree
- First degree is the more serious of the two, and result in life in prison or the death penalty.
- Second degree murder can result in 30 years in prison.
If an accidental death occurred while the defendant was perpetrating a felony crime such as theft or battery, the manslaughter will be automatically increased to charges of murder.
Whatever the circumstances of your case may be, you need an attorney who will move forward at once with aggressive defense action that could assist you and your case. Whether the situation is a case of mistaken identity, self-defense or factors could influence your case outcome, it is imperative that you ensure that your rights are protected and that you have every possible opportunity to avoid conviction.
Our Experienced Bakersfield Murder Lawyers can Fight for You!
At Humphrey & Thompson, we take all of our cases extremely seriously. Our skilled murder attorney will initiate immediate defense actions to assist you. The first step is to contact our office before the case progresses any further. As with any criminal charge, the burden of proof lies with the prosecution. We have the experience and the impressive record in court you will need if you are facing charges of murder.
Here are several benefits of hiring our Bakersfield murder attorney:
- We are knowledgeable in the laws surrounding a murder offense and other related charges
- We are experienced in negotiating with prosecutors and can build a strong case for your defense
- We will understand how to prepare witness testimonies as well as evidence that could help exonerate or reduce the sentence of an accused individual
- A criminal defense lawyer is familiar with different types of sentencing options available and can negotiate a plea bargain, if necessary.
Contact a Bakersfield murder attorney at once if you are facing charges of murder.